Practicing Architect and General Contractor with national and international achievements in Air Transportation, Housing, Hospitality, Schools, Theme Parks, Marine, Industry, Manufacturing and Medical; Seeking multi-year senior position to a major contractor or consulting firm, contributing accrued expertise to a Domestic or International Project Management assignment.
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, BA ARCHITECTURE 1971
LEEDS GREEN BUILDING CERTIFICATION / PMP IN PROGRESS
FLORIDA ARCHITECT AR 6526, 1973; THRESHOLD INSPECTOR SI 277 UNLIMITED CLASS A FLORIDA GENERAL CONTRACTOR GC 50726, NCARB 37466
DIRECTOR AND FELLOW: SOCIETY OF AMERICAN REGISTERED ARCHITECTS PAST PRESIDENT OF AIA BIG SUN CHAPTER
• 19 years in airports design and construction management
• 30+ years domestic and international practice in design and construction project management which, in addition to technical capabilities, include business development, HR, QA/QC, marketing and SH&E
• Bechtel BRACS AWARD for excellence
• 2 years and 7 months KKIA airport projects to present. KKIA Terminal remodeling and expansion T1-4 and T5 • Current 5 years and 7 months on multi-billion dollar programs in the Middle East, through hard work, achieving a record of safety, quality, client satisfaction, having completed some amazing projects
• Client Facing Presentations for master planning of airports, design and construction of facilities • Facility evaluations, Programming Facilities, Budget development, Schematic through full contract documents, bid ding, projects, construction delivery through ORAT
• Startup of Programs, Procedures, Projects, Staffing
• Strong team building in multinational, multicultural environment
• Good computer skills
• Strong knowledge of codes and standards
• Varied Construction projects for 77 International stations including as a partial list of cities: Athens, Bangkok, Beirut, Cairo, Damascus, Doha, Frankfurt, Geneva, Gizan, Istanbul, Jakarta, Jeddah, Kano, Khartoum, Lagos, London, Miami, Medina, Morocco, Mumbai, Naples, Nairobi, Nassau, New Delhi,, New York City, Orlando, Paris, Riyadh, Rome, Tabuk • PMO, Design Build, Bid Build, Construction Management
• Mediation, Presentations of claims, identifying root cause, Expert Witness, Estimating, Contracts, Negotiations, Sales, Marketing
2017 To Present
Mark Whitman Architect Commercials & Residentials Projects
Design development for Passenger terminal at Clark Air Base
2016- July 2017
George Bush Intercontinental Airport Design Project Manager Standards
May 2013 - 2016
AECOM Arabia: King Khalid International Airport
POSITION: Deputy PM and Technical Manager
Projects in PMO responsibility include: Passenger Terminals, Sixty four (64) contact gates, fifty six (56) hardstands; LC 1 upgrades, and LC 3 Power facility ; LC 2 Chiller and boiler plant., Potable water well development and distribution;
taxi ways; taxi lanes; rework and over lay of existing runways; new in-ground fueling system; AGL/Cat 2 Landing Sys tem; Ground control tower; Upgrade ATC; Security /IT site wide upgrades; Waste and Receiving Processor Facility: Main Fire Station;; Area of 865,000 square meters of new building works. Value of all works in excess of 9 B. ORAT. LEEDS Silver; Green Building Initiative
Terminal 3: A combined T3 and T4 with a Central Processor an expansion and remodeling and T1 and T 2; 2 Metro Rail Stations; New energy center, Airport receiving and shipping center, airside works. SCAHC airport iconic office building. Bid and awaiting decision to contract.
Terminal 5: Review of contractor Design Build submissions and construction progress of a Greenfield Terminal Five (5) with 8 gates, remote stands, fueling and 3000 car park, 1 metro station. Support facilities. Energy center, fire station, AOC and command center, guard entrance. Security upgrades. IT and Data facility.
GACA HQ 15000 Sq. Meters
KKIA Master Plan KKIA Terminal 3 and 4 Phase 1
Metro Concept for Terminals 1-5 Alternate Metro Concept NDIA Major Base Maintenance
October 2009 - December 2012
BECHTEL OVERSEAS INTERNATIONAL, INC.
POSITION: Design Package Lead
Doha International Airport, Major Base Maintenance Hangar 3.8 billion Qatari Ryals, 155,600 square meter , Design/ Build, Project Lead Architect (DPL) as Design Package Lead The Coordination in house Engineering and external Architects and Engineers, and multiple external design teams to execute design changes under construction as end user clarified and redefined operational needs. Progressed all works complete from 53 percent at joining to 95% for opera tional start up in twelve months. BRACS AWARD for Excellence.
Doha International Airport, Central Catering Facility, 1.4 billion Qatari Riyals, 56,800 square meters Design/Build. Project design package lead (DPL) This complex, distressed and delayed project had significant design issues. Provid ed team leadership to resolve clashes, interfaces, coordination of services, utilities, implementation of facility security systems and completing design. Objective to lead Engineering team to double construction monthly progress works completed from start of 46% in a project that was 2.5 years in progress and to drive works forward to present at 94.5 % in six months. This exceeds overall project average for works completed at 3.5 % monthly. Delays and costs increases were reduced with effective management of design processes and prompt contract claims resolution.
Doha International Airport, Flight Operations Center 26,800 Square Meters a Bid Build with change of Contractor and Client directed new Contractor Bid of x728 Million Qatari Riyals to Design Build. Design Package. Lead (DPL) Project was two years in progress advanced in six months from 19% to 78% in six months.
January 1986 - October 2009
FLORIDA DESIGN PROFESSIONALS, INC. & WHITMAN CONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT
POSITION: President & COO
Architecture, Site and Project Due Diligence, Planning, Construction, Construction Management, Inspection, Expert Witness. The firms were jointly managed and directed to provide full service delivery of projects from preliminary site investigations and programming, through design, construction, to start up.
Partial Repeat Clients List: Universal Studios, Disney World, Sea World, Barwa Investments, Lockheed Martin, RB Ken nedy; Westgate Resorts; The Villages: Cities of Ocala, Orlando, Orange County. Apopka, Leesburg; CH2MHill on Miami International. PSI on railroads/ railhead facilities
• Planning and Design for Westgate Town Center; Mixed Use Residential over Retail, Multiplex theater, Convention, Restaurants, Hospitality, Grocery and Parking structure, Orlando, Florida
386 Residential Units, 45,000 Square feet Retail, Themed Plaza, 75,000 Square feet of Hospitality Building, Sales and Marketing, Convention facilities. $135.75m USD
• Master Plan development plan for 200 to 2300 acres of Residential, villas to 2200 units in high rise residential, mixed use
• Marina projects for Carabel and Port Canaveral, Florida Dry storage facility for 400 boats, 120 boats on floating docks, fueling, supported by landside vertical Residential and Hospitality Components
• 120 Units Residential short term apartments ocean front
• Restaurants, Sales, Dock Masters Offices, Pools, Showers, Restaurants, Lounge, Ships Stores, floating docks, Fueling, Port Security
• 25 hotel projects, Sheraton, Best Western, Holiday Inn, Hampton; Hotel s to 154 Rooms, full services, restaurants, meeting rooms, across Florida
• Corporate Offices for Fairwinds Federal Credit Union , 40,000 Square feet, Orlando, Florida • Universal Studios, Disney World and Sea World support facilities
• Inspection services for five (5) Schools for Lake Country, Florida
• Expansion of Spar Elementary, Marion County School Board
January 1978 - November 1985
SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES
POSITION: Manager of Design, Construction, Marketing Facilities Standardization
Management of Projects, Client facing, responsibility to assist team in facility planning and budget development of US $100 million world wide capital budget: plan and implement corporate standards of airline facilities worldwide on and off airports in Passenger Services, Data Services, Flight Training, Communications, Cargo. Ramp handling, Catering, Offices, Equipment and Aircraft Maintenance and Repair. Lead committees with Government, Consultants, Contractors and sub contractors, to facilitate and move to three gateway airports in KSA and support Terminal modifications for airline and airport security and baggage safety.
SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES :
• Design Build of Aircraft Major Base Maintenance, Jeddah
• Design Build 747 hangar for Royal Flights, Riyadh
• Design and CM Corporate Offices worldwide
• Design and CM Airport operational facility upgrades London, Heathrow, Frankfurt, Athens, Istanbul, JFK, Paris, Mid dle East Far East, and North Africa
• Managed teams of multi- national staff in the execution of projects in-house. Design /CMPM • Managed selection process of consultants, provided programming, conceptual requirements to Stage Three, Bid, DB/ CMPM
• Reviewed design phases, quality assurance, construction oversight, and project Construction Management Prepared for Executive system wide recommendations for capital projects based upon Regional Managers of operations and sales for Capital Budgets; Automation; Standardization: Start Up of Operations: Baggage, Security;
MODA/ KSA International Airports, KAIA, KKIA, KFIA
• Co-chaired Planning Committee(s) to support initial design of airports than Airline demobilization and move to new International airports. KAIA, KKIA, KFIA (planning phase) ORAT team Member
• Lead design teams for airline and airport security systems and baggage integration for passenger check in
April 1976 - November 1977
DALLAH AVCO TRANSARABIA
POSITION: Manager of Design 18 months, Manager Construction for six months.
• Capital Improvement Projects for the development of the Kingdom’s 26 domestic and 5 Royal Saudi Air bases. • International Team Building, Recruitment, Establish Codes and Standards.
• Design and CM or Build Capital Improvement Projects for the development of the Kingdom’s 26 domestic and Chaired team scheduling and directed implementation of projects to achieve time, quality and cost constraints. • Projects included water, sewer, distribution and treatment, power plants and distribution, desalination, surveying, fencing and guard facilities, base housing, fire stations, logistics warehousing and three terminals in Jeddah and one fire replacement passenger terminal in Gizan.
• Emergency and primary power plants KSA Airports...
• Desalination plants and water/wells, Medina, Riyadh, Gizan